Hi there. In this post, I will walk you through how to burn CD from Spotify so that you can play Spotify music on your Car or other CD players.
Many Spotify users want to know how to burn Spotify CDs to play in their cars. Most of us are used to burning CDs with iTunes or Windows Media Player, but we have no idea how to do it with Spotify.
Can you burn a CD from Spotify?
Is there a Spotify to CD converter or other software that can burn Spotify to CD? The truth is that Spotify does not allow you to burn CDs. Even if you pay a monthly subscription, you cannot burn a CD from Spotify.
Is it possible to burn Spotify songs to a CD? Yes, it is possible to burn Spotify playlist to CD, and the following paragraphs will show you how to burn Spotify songs to a CD for free. To accomplish this, I will divide the entire task into two parts:
- How to convert Spotify songs to MP3 or WAV?
- How to burn MP3/WAV to CD?
How to convert Spotify to MP3 or WAV?
The first and essential step is converting Spotify music to standard MP3 or WAV music files with a Spotify music converter before you can burn CD from Spotify.
Check how to convert Spotify to mp3 guide here
Check how to convert Spotify to WAV guide here
Why the WAV format is better than mp3 for burning to CD
The WAV format ensures high-quality audio playback when burned CD from Spotify playlist. MP3 files are typically compressed to save space, resulting in lower-quality audio. Additionally, some CD players may not be able to read MP3 files. WAV files are less likely to experience these issues.
Spotify advertised taking your music everywhere. However, that is NOT exactly what you think of “everywhere.” if you ask how to download Spotify songs in Spotify’s community forum, the answer is that you have to buy a song to get its MP3 version, even if you are a subscriber user. At least you can’t play it in your Car with a CD.
I will not talk too much about why Spotify doesn’t allow you to make a CD from Spotify playlist, which is not this post’s point. You can check here for why Spotify can’t burn a CD.
How to convert Spotify playlist to MP3 with Cinch audio recorder
If you want to download Spotify songs without a premium account, here are three steps to get it done.
We only need a Spotify to mp3 converter that converts Spotify songs with original sound quality. In the following guide, we have chosen the Cinch audio recorder to record/download Spotify music files.
- Download, and install the Cinch audio recorder here.
- Launch the Cinch on your desktop and then click the recording button in upper-left
- You are playing a Spotify song or playlist that you want to download on your computer.
That’s it. The software will do the rest for you. You will get the mp3 file after the songs are played. Or you could click the stop button at the upper-left, the same spot as the recording button, to stop recording. Click the folder icon in the lower right to access the output folder quickly.
Converting Spotify playlist to MP3 without a Spotify Premium account
If you want to download free songs, playlists, and albums from Spotify, TunesBank Music Converter is a good choice, a professional Spotify to MP3 converter and music downloading tool. With the help of TunesBank Spotify Music Converter, free or premium subscribers can download and convert Spotify music to MP3/M4A/FLAC so that you can enjoy Spotify music tracks offline without Premium or burn the downloaded Spotify songs to a CD.
Free download of high-quality 320kbps MP3 songs from Spotify. More Features:
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC.
- Preserve the ID3 tags and metadata info after conversion. Batch download music at 5X faster speed.
How to Convert Spotify Music to MP3?
- Download, install and launch TunesBank Spotify Music Converter
- Directly drag & drop songs and playlists from the Spotify app to the TunesBank’s interface.
- Click the “Convert all files to:” option and select MP3 as the output format.
- Click the “Convert All” button to download music from Spotify and convert it to MP3.
After the conversion is completed, click the “Finished” menu and “View Output Files” to get the MP3 files, you can burn them to CDs or transfer and play Spotify music on any device.
Why is recording Spotify music the best way to convert Spotify to MP3?
There is software to get Spotify tracks by downloading them online. How did it work? You didn’t get channels from the Spotify server directly. The software asks you to provide a URL of a Spotify playlist that can parse the playlist’s song titles and then search these titles on other music sources and download music. However, your downloaded music might be the wrong version or low quality. Recording music will ensure you get the same quality as the original music. You could record songs up to 320kbps and lossless WAV.
How to burn CDs from Spotify playlists?
If You already know how to burn CD from MP3 files with your favorite CD-burning software, you could leave this post to start making your CD.
For those new to CD burning, I would like to show you the basic steps to use Windows media play and iTunes to burn Spotify playlist to CD for free.
- A computer has a disc drive.
- A blank CD: CD-RW or CD+RW disc
- MP3 files for burning CDs in the same folder
How to burn CD from Spotify with Windows Media Player (WMP)?
Windows media player is a built-in media managing software of Microsoft. You can find it at start>all programs> Windows Media Player if you are a Windows user.
- Insert a blank CD into the disc drive of your computer.
- Open the WMP.
- Press the ‘Burn’ button on the right.
- Add Spotify music to the burn list.
- Click the menu in the Burn panel.
- Press the ‘Start Burn’ button.
That it. You have burned Spotify playlist to CD with a Windows media player for free
How to burn Spotify playlist to CD with iTunes
iTunes is a famous music player on Apple OS. You could launch it in the dock if you have a mac computer.
- Open iTunes.
- Go to ‘File > New > Playlist’ and create a playlist.
- Insert a blank CD into the disc drive.
- Open the ‘File’ menu and select Burn Playlist to Disc.
- Select the ‘Audio CD‘ in the format list.
- Press the ‘Burn’ button.
How to Copy Spotify playlist to CD using VLC
I’m going to show you how to use the VLC player to copy your Spotify playlist to CD. This process is very simple and only takes a few minutes.
1. Launch the VLC player on your computer and go to create a new playlist for saving Spotify songs so as to burn Spotify music to CD with ease.
2. Once Spotify songs have been added to the VLC player, click the Media menu, then choose the Convert/Save option.
3. Click the Disc button and then insert a blank CD or DVD into the disc drive of your computer.
4. Once your VLC player detects the inserted CD, click Audio CD and Browse, then select the inserted CD and click the Convert/Save button.
5. After appearing on the Convert screen, click the Browse button to choose the location where you want VLC to save Spotify songs, and then finally click the Convert/Save button to start burning Spotify songs into a CD.
How to Upload CD to Spotify for Playing
With Cinch Spotify Music Converter, you can download songs from Spotify to MP3 regardless of your user type (Free or Premium). You will then be able to burn the music from Spotify onto a CD. Also, some users want to know how to import CDs into Spotify for playback. Here’s how you can do it.
1. On your computer, open Windows Media Player and insert an audio CD into the PC’s CD drive.
2. Click the Rip CD button in order to start ripping music from the desired CD.
3. Go onto Spotify and select your profile photo which shall then take you to Settings
4. Within Settings, scroll down until you see Local Files–switch Show Local Files “on” so that local files may be added to Spotify at will
4. Click Add Source in order to add a source (folder) where converted Spotify music files are saved
Why doesn’t Spotify inc. allow people to burn CD from Spotify?
Spotify is a streaming music service that offers music to users online for free, but they have to pay artists by the number of songs played. The song won’t get counted when you burnt it on a CD. Also, Spotify couldn’t verify your subscription was still active when the tracks get burnt to a CD, and they wouldn’t be able to delete them if you stopped paying.
In other words, when you burn CDs from Spotify, the music is saved in local storage, and they will lose control of the music and, against the agreement with record companies. E.g., people get music files from Spotify and stop subscribing to them. Free users will listen to music without a Spotify music player, and Spotify will consequently lose all advertisement income.
The main reason Spotify doesn’t allow to burning of a CD from a Spotify playlist is that this is against the vital benefit of Spotify.
Q1: Can I burn a CD from Spotify?
A: Yes, you can burn a CD from Spotify. In order to do so, you need to make sure that your computer has a CD burner. Then, open Spotify and find the songs that you have downloaded from Spotify using the above methods. After that, open the Windows media player and select File > Export > Create CD. The program will ask you to choose a disc burner and specify the type of disc that you’re burning. After that, hit Burn and wait for the process to finish.
Q2: How long does it take to burn a CD from Spotify?
A: It usually takes around 10 minutes to burn a CD from Spotify. However, this may vary depending on the type of disc that you’re burning and the speed of your disc burner.
Q3: What types of discs can I burn from Spotify?
A: You can burn standard audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or data discs using Spotify.
Since we can’t burn CDs from Spotify directly, we need to utilize two third-party software applications to get the job done. One is a Spotify music converter, and the other is a CD burner. Now, you should be able to burn songs to CDs from Spotify after reading this post. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. Please comment below.