“Can I Download Songs Directly From Spotify as WAV Files?”
Spotify Premium downloads songs in ‘.ogg’, a format playable only within Spotify. This means these files can’t be played or transferred to other devices. For free Spotify users, offline saving isn’t available.
WAV, a lossless format, is popular for its uncompressed audio quality, making it a favorite for CD burning and editing by DJs. Converting Spotify songs to WAV is thus a popular choice for preserving audio fidelity, especially for mixing and mastering.
We’ll show you how to use effective Spotify to WAV converter tools and provide a step-by-step guide for crystal-clear audio conversion.
How to Download Spotify Songs as Lossless WAV?
Why WAV Format?
WAV, an uncompressed, lossless audio format, replicates original tracks perfectly without compression or data loss when converting from Spotify.
- High-Quality Audio: WAV ensures crystal-clear, detailed sound.
- Original Track Replica: Maintains original quality without data compression.
- CD-Level Sound: Offers a high-fidelity listening experience akin to CDs.
- Large File Size: WAVs consume significant storage space.
- Limited Metadata: Less song information for music organization.
- Not Portable-Friendly: Their size makes them impractical for smartphones or MP3 players.
Top 4 Ways to Convert Spotify Music to WAV
Record Spotify songs as WAV files with the following Spotify recorder tools. It preserves lossless quality and is easy to use.
No. 1 Cinch Audio Recorder
The Cinch audio recorder is a professional Spotify to WAV recorder. It’s easy to use and has a wide range of features that make it perfect for recording podcasts, interviews, and other audio content.
In the following, I’m going to show you how to use the Cinch audio recorder to record Spotify songs to WAV with lossless output quality.
- Download Spotify playlists
- The quality of the recordings is excellent.
- It’s easy to use.
- Only support Windows
Convert Spotify to WAV with the Cinch Step by Step:
Step 1: Download and install the Cinch audio recorder
Download the latest version of the recorder from the Cinch official website, then double-click on the installation file to begin the setup. This shouldn’t take long – when it’s finished, you can launch Cinch by going to your Start menu or desktop shortcut.
Step 2: Set Cinch for recording Spotify music tracks
When you launch Cinch, click on the “Settings” tab and make sure that the output format is set to WAV(tick “Also save .wav(lossless) files“). Now click on the “Recording” tab at the top of the screen.
Step 3: Start Recording Spotify Music
Now, Start to play music on Spotify web player or desktop app. This software will start recording any audio coming out of your computer. When you’re done recording, hit the “Stop” button, and your music will be saved as a WAV file in the folder.
Audacity, while versatile for converting Spotify to WAV, especially for professional use, may present challenges for beginners. As a free and open-source audio editor, it is available for immediate use, but its features can be complex for those new to audio editing.
- Audacity is free and open-source software.
- It offers a wide range of features for recording and editing audio.
- The quality of the download Spotify wav songs is excellent.
- Audacity can be a little complicated to use for beginners.
- The interface can be overwhelming for some people.
How to Record Spotify Songs as WAV with Audacity
Step 1: Download and install the latest version of Audacity from audacityteam.org.
Step 2: Open Audacity and go to File > New Audio Recording.
Step 3: In the “Recording Device” drop-down menu, select “Wave Out Mix.” This will allow you to record songs playing on your computer.
Step 4: Click the Record button and play the song you want to record on Spotify. When you’re finished, click the Stop button in Audacity.
Step 5: Go to File > Export > Export output format as WMV. Choose a location to save the file and click Save.
Step 6: That’s it! You’ve now successfully converted Spotify songs to wav. Enjoy your music!
No.3 Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder
If you’re looking for an easy way to record Spotify music to WAV, check out Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder. This tool lets you record audio from your computer in just a few clicks, and the recordings are saved in MP3 or AAC format.
Plus, it’s completely free to use!
- It’s free to use
- No need to install
- Sometimes it crashes the web browser
How to Record Spotify as WAV Files Online
Step 1: Visit the Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder website and click “Start Recording.” Now you’re ready to record your Spotify music.
Step 2: Go to start to play music on Spotify
Step 3: Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder will detect and start to record Spotify music that playing on the computer.
Step 4: Change the output format to WAV in the Settings window and click “OK.”
Step 5: The recorder will start recording anything that comes out of your computer. When you’ve finished recording, the recorded WAV will download from your browser automatically.
No. 4 Spytify (GitHub App)
Spytify is a desktop app that allows you to download your Spotify to WAV. It’s easy to use and offers excellent-quality recordings. Let’s take a look at how it works.
- High-quality recordings.
- Easy to use.
- Supports multiple output formats, including WAV audio files.
- Only available for Windows, with NO macOS and mobile support.
- Only works with Spotify, no other streaming sites.
How to Record Spotify With the Spytify
Step 1: Download and install Spytify from the official website.
Step 2: Open the app and log in with your Spotify account.
Step 3: Choose WAV as the output format and click on the recording button on up-right
Step 4: Play the Spotify music that you want to download on Spotify web or app.
Comparison: Which Tool is The Best
This comparison table helps you pick the right tool for your needs:
- For top-quality audio and if paying a bit is okay, try Cinch Audio Recorder.
- For a free, flexible audio editor, Audacity is a great choice.
- Need something quick and easy online? Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder is your go-to.
- If you’re looking for a straightforward tool just for recording Spotify, Spytify is perfect.
|Cinch Audio Recorder
|– High-quality, lossless recordings.
– Easy to use.
– Supports ID3 tags and ringtone maker.
|– Not free.
– Only works with Spotify, no other streaming sites.
|– Free and open-source software.
– Offers a wide range of features for recording and editing audio.
– Compatible with most operating systems.
|– Requires manual configuration of settings.
– The interface can be overwhelming for some people.
– May cause latency issues or sound distortion.
|Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder
|– Free and web-based, no installation required.
– Simple and user-friendly interface.
– Supports MP3 and AAC output formats.
|– Does not support WAV output format.
– Depends on the internet connection quality.
– May not capture the full audio quality.
|– High-quality recordings.
– Easy to use.
– Supports multiple output formats, including WAV.
|– Only available for Windows, with no macOS or mobile support.
– Only works with Spotify, no other streaming sites.
– May not record some ads or sound effects.
How to Upload WAV Audio Files to Spotify?
Once you have downloaded and saved your Spotify recordings as WAV files, you will need to upload them to the platform to listen. Here are the steps you need to follow:
1. Log into your Spotify account.
2. Go to “Your Library” and select “Local Files.”
3. Click “Add a Source” and select the folder or file containing your WAV files.
4. Select the WAV files you want to upload and click “Open.”
5. Your recordings will appear in “Your Library’s Local Files.”
That it. You can now listen to them on Spotify player anytime!
How to Burn Spotify WAV to a CD
To burn Spotify WAV audio format files to a CD, you will need to use CD-burning software such as Nero Burning ROM or Roxio Creator. Once you have installed the software, follow these steps:
1. Open the CD burning software and insert a blank CD into your computer’s CD drive.
2. Add the WAV files that you want to burn to the CD by dragging and dropping them into the software’s interface.
3. Once you have added all the files, click the “Burn” button to start writing the files to the CD.
4. The writing process will take a few minutes, after which you will be able to eject the CD from your computer and play it on any standard CD player.
How do I Convert Spotify to WAV?
WAV Versus MP3, Which One is Better?
Choosing between MP3 and WAV depends on your priorities: sound quality, file size, compatibility, and usage.
|Lower than WAV, as it’s a compressed format.
|Very high, lossless quality, identical to the original.
|Smaller, more space-efficient. Ideal for storage.
|Larger, takes up more space.
|Highly compatible with most devices and players.
|Also widely compatible, but slightly less than MP3.
|Ideal for personal use, online streaming, and portability.
|Preferred for professional use, editing, and archiving.
|Good support for metadata like titles, and artists.
|Limited metadata support compared to MP3.
|Data Usage for Transfer
|Less due to the smaller file size. Suitable for internet transfers.
|Higher due to larger file size. Not ideal for frequent transfers.
|Not suitable for editing; loses quality.
|Excellent for editing; retains quality with each edit.
|Better support for DRM.
|Less support for DRM.
What is the Original Spotify Format?
Spotify uses the Ogg Vorbis format for its audio files. It is a lossy compression codec, which means that it helps to reduce the file size of Spotify’s audio files without sacrificing too much quality.
Does Spotify Support WAV files?
Spotify supports three file types: MP3, M4A, and WAV. You can upload any file size, but keep in mind that larger files will take longer to process and may fail if your internet connection is unstable.
How to Play WAV Files?
WAV files are compatible with most modern audio players, such as Spotify, Windows Media Player, VLC, and iTunes. You can also play WAV files on your Windows computer or laptop using the default audio player.
|Phones, tablets, VLC for Android or iOS
|Windows, Mac, Linux, Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player, iTunes, QuickTime
|Dedicated music players, portable media players, high-resolution audio devices
|Custom audio CDs or DVDs burned with WAV files
|Audio Interfaces and DJ Equipment
|Audio interfaces, mixers, DJ controllers, studio equipment
Converting Spotify to wav is a great way to listen to your music offline or on a device that doesn’t support Spotify. Plus, wav files are high-quality, so you’ll be able to enjoy your music at its best. Follow the simple steps in this blog post, and you’ll be able to convert Spotify music to wav in no time!
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and start downloading your favorite tracks in WAV format today! Enjoy!