It’s embarrassing to check your phone because you hear the same ringtone from other’s phones. You would pretend that nothing happened and continue to tap on your phone. So, why not make your own personal ringtone? the unique one. This tutorial will show you how to make a ringtone from Spotify songs.
Sound good? Please keep reading.
Can I set a song from Spotify as my ringtone?
How should a user find their favorite music from Spotify? It’s clear. You can set Spotify songs as ringtones, but you can’t just use them directly on Spotify. Spotify has an embedded digital rights management system that you can only play music with Spotify. That is to say, you need separate software to help you make a ringtone from Spotify.
How do I set Spotify songs as ringtones on my iPhone?
Cinch audio recorder should be an ideal solution for users who want to create their own ringtones from songs on Spotify. It supports DRM-protected and non-DRM audio sources, such as streaming music services like Spotify, iTunes Music Library, and much more.
Tutorial on How to Record Music from Spotify
The following video tutorial describes using the Cinch audio recorder. Please install it first before you begin. For Mac users please see How Can Spotify Download MP3 for Mac for detailed instructions.
Step 1: Download your favorite music from Spotify
We’ll share with you a method for creating a ringtone using Spotify.
Spotify is an online music streaming service that allows enjoying music while you have internet-connected. However, the downside of Spotify is that you can’t download music on your computer. So the trick here is how we can download music from Spotify as a standard MP3 or WAV. Thanks to the Cinch audio recorder that will help you to download Spotify music with just one click.
Download Cinch audio recorder:
After you installed the program, launch it from your Desktop, and you will see the Cinch looks like this:
To record music from Spotify:
- You need to click the yellow circle button at the top left and then start to play your favorite music on Spotify (either on a web player or a PC version). If you see the sound graph waving on the top, Cinch is working and recording the music you are playing.
- Since we need the recording music to make a ringtone, you could either record a part of the entire song. Just click the recording button again to stop recording.
Make a ringtone from Spotify.
The song will appear on the list when you have done the recording. Now click the “bell icon” at the right of the music. You will see an interface for audio editing below.
Make a ringtone from Spotify.
This is for you to edit a ringtone. It is easy to set a starting point and ending point for a ringtone. You could preview the ringtone you have selected. If everything is ok, click the “Save” button to keep the ringtone on your computer in .mp3 format.
Keep in mind that if you try to make a ringtone for your iPhone, ensure that the ringtone’s length is no longer than 40 seconds. Otherwise, iTunes will refuse to copy the ringtone to your phone.
To access this ringtone file click on the “Folder” icon on the bottom right. Then browse to the “Ringtone” folder, copy your music, paste it into your local device, and set the music as your ringtone.
Now, tell me, what is your phone? Do you have an Android phone like Samsung or Apple iPhone? I will show you how to transfer the ringtone you just made to your phone.
Step 2: How to convert MP3 to m4r for free
If you have an iPhone, you need to convert the mp3 file you recorded to AAC(.m4r) format, the Apple iPhone default ringtone format.
Now, let’s start to convert files with iTunes. All you need to do is add the MP3 file to iTunes and locate it in your library. It’s easy to do that just by dragging and dropping the file into iTunes’s interface. But where to find out the imported ringtone? Please check it under Library > Songs.
Select the sound file in iTunes and click File > Convert > Create AAC Version.
Rename Your AAC File
After the conversion, you’ll get two copies of the same song file in your iTunes library: The original MP3 and the new AAC versions.
To find out which, right-click the library’s headings and enable the “Kind” column.
The new “Kind” column will show you which is MP3 or AAc format. The “MPEG audio file” is the original MP3, while the “AAC audio file” is your new AAC file. If the original MP3 file keeps you confused, you could delete it.
Now you got the Apple AAC file. However, it would be best to change its file extension so that iTunes will recognize it as a ringtone file.
First, drag and drop the AAC file from the iTunes library to your Desktop. There will be an AAC file with the .m4a extension on your Desktop. Change the file extension to .m4r. For example, if the file is named track.m4a, change it to track.m4r.
If you can’t see any file extension, please.
- Open File Explorer; if you do not have an icon for this in the taskbar, click Start, click Windows System, and then File Explorer.
- Click the View tab in File Explorer.
- Click the box next to File name extensions to see file extensions.
Now you have a perfect .m4r iPhone ringtone file, transfer it to your iPhone and set it as your new and unique ringtone.
If you have no idea how to transfer the local ringtone file to your iPhone, the following steps will help.
- Connect your iPhone to a PC.
- Drag and drop the .m4r file to iTunes and click the device on iTunes to go to its “Tones” section.
- Check on the “Sync Tones” option.
- Choose the ringtone and press the “Apply” button to sync it to your iPhone.
That’s it. Now you can set your iPhone ringtone setting as your current ringtone.
How to transfer Spotify ringtone to an Android phone
Connect your Android phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Open your device’s storage. Could you find it in My Computer window?
- Open the Ringtones folder. It is most commonly found at /media/audio/ringtones/. If you don’t have a Ringtones folder, you can create one in your phone’s base folder. Right-click on a blank space in your phone’s root directory and click “Create new,” → “Folder,” and name it “Ringtone.”
- Now copy and paste the mp3 into the folder, or you could do it simply by dragging and dropping the file into the folder. Disconnect your phone and PC by unplugging the USB cable.
Now go to your phone settings and superior sound. Tap the “Phone ringtone” or “Ringtone” option. Select your ringtone from the list.
That’s it. You have the ringtone you just made on your phone.
Making a ringtone From Spotify is pretty easy to do with the Cinch.
Only two steps: firstly, get an mp3 from Spotify and segment your favorite part. Secondly, convert the part to m4r with iTunes and transfer it to your iPhone. You don’t need to do the conversion step if you have an Android phone. The mp3 files can be used as a ringtone directly on the phone.